Paypal address error

LindaC5
New Community Member
I recently made a purvhase paying via a saved card on pp. The registered address for the card is correct in my pp account yet pp sent the seller a receipt showing the first line of my address as something completely different. The rest of the address is correct. I don't know how they even made the mistake because the Highland Council doesn't even share the same town or postcode as me and wouldn't even show up as an option under my postcode. The item I bought is now in the ether somewhere and I'm £156 down and stuck in a rural area without the car part I need. Is PP likely to refund this?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @LindaC5,

I'm sorry to hear that there is a discrepancy between your card's billing address and the address selected for shipping. If the transaction was completed with the wrong address selected, it would not be possible to change that retroactively. You can check your address settings in your account and make sure that you have removed the erroneous address. If the address is not showing there, it may be an address that was saved in a merchant's checkout in the past. If so, only a customer service representative can remove the address.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

For the transaction that was already made, does the tracking show delivery? If the address is invalid, the item may have been returned to the seller. If so, I would recommend contacting the seller first. If the seller is unable or unwilling to assist, a dispute can be opened for Item Not Received.

I hope this can be resolved for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.