Paypal Takes Authorizes Payment Takes Money From My Bank Account

Firiyyuuu
New Community Member

Hi, I have these two accounts which used paypal to charge my card for payments I didn't make. I have registered my account to my old email, and these transactions were sent using my new email which doesnt make sense as I registered my paypal account with my old one. How does paypal make this possible? I'm afraid the next time they do this they might take a larger chunk.

Note that the email they used doesnt even have a paypal accoutn registered to it. BUT STILL PAYPAL TOOK MY MONEY AND GAVE IT TO THEM
<removed>

<removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Firiyyuuu 

I don't think PayPal made it possible but your accounts got compromised some way remotely from your end or device by hackers. Check for viruses and malware and make sure your wifi connections are secure. See if you recalled getting and phishing emails, clicking links in them or something. You may click on those transactions and click "report a problem" and file Unauthorized Payment. If PayPal finds anything unusual, they will let you know and reverse the transactions.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.