Paypal Services have become living in hell recently.

mecha1
Contributor
Contributor

About six months ago (or at least when I noticed it), Paypal suddenly became paranoid and started to create hurdles for people to authenticate, to login, to send money, to receive money and asking for your deepest personal information (who is naive today about corporate data collection) that even the banks do not ask, in the name of securing your account and keep you safe (Don't we know how much these corporations care about our safety?).

Anyways, coming to my particular case, since that time, I also noticed that I am unable to make payments to various entities through their website. Whenever I click on someones website on the option to pay by Paypal instead of by credit card, it brings me to the Paypal login screen. Once you login, you are supposed to get a page that shows you how you like to pay, through Paypal balance, or by credit card etc. But for the last six months, I am always landing upon the page that asks me to enter credit card and pay by credit card. This is totally counter to what I am trying to do. I have enough amount in my Paypal account. I have also checked and set my preferred payment method to be by Paypal balance. Yet, it simply won't give me an option to pay through my paypal balance. It is forcing me to enter a credit card and pay by credit card. This is horrible. I have written quite a few times in the last six months for an answer and a resolution. No one ever answers those messages. For a critical financial institution like this even 3 to 5 years ago, you could reach a Paypal customer service at 2:00 a.m. at night for urgent issues. Now the say that their office is open between 9:00 am and 5:00 p.m. only during regular weekdays and hence within that short time the when the whole world calls, you can never get in touch with anyone. Can you see how much they care about customer? Can anyone here give me some clue, what is going on with my account and why I am not able to pay from my Paypal balance despite there being enough money in my account. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Meclazine
Contributor
Contributor

Same in Australia.

Nearly all people I talk to now are looking for alternatives to PayPal. It has been a disaster lately.

We cannot sell a thing without our money being held. PayPal's response. I should cover the freight whilst PayPal holds the freight fees from the customer.

We wont release our goods without cleared payment to guarantee payment to our suppliers (i.e. shipping, logistics, employees).

PayPal has over-extended itself too far.

Login to Me Too

mecha1
Contributor
Contributor

Don't worry. Any company, when they start to impose conditions and rules that only benefits them and not their customers; in fact it gives more troubles to their customers; those companies have their days numbered. I have already started to look into alternatives to Paypal. Looks like there are quite a few players already in the arena. I just have to do my due diligence to check their credentials out as well before kicking Paypal in the **bleep** and switching to them. I am sure, I am not alone to think of this within the Paypal customer community.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.