Paypal NOT returning funds after not accepted

tjd24
Contributor
Contributor

If you do not accept funds into your account, paypal are supposed to return the funds after 30 days according to their own guidelines, but they have not done this.  I am unable to accept the funds and need them returned to the sender before I can tell them to send them to another paypal address. HOW CAN I GET THEM TO RETURN THE FUNDS? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tjd24 

They time out at 30 days and go back to the sender, how long it takes their funding source to process the returned funds is dependent on that funding source and country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tjd24
Contributor
Contributor

after 30 days nothing happened.  I still have a prompt 'You have received xx funds - click here to accept'

there is no message of returning the funds.  How do I get paypal to return the funds? Its now been more than 60 days. 

thanks for your help!  love the cornish, especially those from Helston 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tjd24 

Wow that sounds odd, in that case......

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.