Paypal Goods and Services Question

fyendmh
New Community Member

I am going to sell a pair of shoes to someone and they will pay me through goods and services. How does it work? After they pay me do I not get the money until the package is delivered? And after they pay me do I get an address to send the package to? Also do I have to request it or do they?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fyendmh 

When payment is received, a shipping address is included in the payment details so check your PayPal account and click on the transaction. It will tell you if what you do next is to ship or not.

If the payment is subject to a hold, it will be marked 'On Hold" and the amount is in a pending balance on the Summary page. Ship directly within the transaction the tracking number will automatically be saved into the transaction. Otherwise, enter tracking info into the transaction (PayPal will not ask you to provide tracking number via email). Once PayPal can confirm delivery, the money will be released or if the option is available, ask the buyer to confirm receipt to release funds.

If you need to enter tracking information and ask buyer to confirm, here's how:

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided in the transaction.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Confirm Receipt.

4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fyendmh 

When payment is received, a shipping address is included in the payment details so check your PayPal account and click on the transaction. It will tell you if what you do next is to ship or not.

If the payment is subject to a hold, it will be marked 'On Hold" and the amount is in a pending balance on the Summary page. Ship directly within the transaction the tracking number will automatically be saved into the transaction. Otherwise, enter tracking info into the transaction (PayPal will not ask you to provide tracking number via email). Once PayPal can confirm delivery, the money will be released or if the option is available, ask the buyer to confirm receipt to release funds.

If you need to enter tracking information and ask buyer to confirm, here's how:

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided in the transaction.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Confirm Receipt.

4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.