Paypal -Fraud company pocketing money when recipient does not have Paypal

jayGirl
New Community Member

I sent a payment to a girl who didnt have Paypal. The status of the transaction immediately changed to 'Completed'.

I tried to raise a dispute in resolution center but it never worked out. 

I asked the girl to create a paypal account after a month to reject or accept the payment. She did and the payment never shows for her =she sent me a screenshot of the paypal application.

Looks like Paypal pocketed the money.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jayGirl 

If its showing as completed on your side then it has successfully gone to the email address / paypal account that you sent it to.

Did you send a friends/family payment? Only scammers use that and once you have paid say they can't receive the funds.

The reason i suspect that is because you said a dispute didn't work out, which it wouldn't if you only had the option of unauthorised for a f/f transaction.

You would need to give more info for confirmation of what i have suggested. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jayGirl 

If its showing as completed on your side then it has successfully gone to the email address / paypal account that you sent it to.

Did you send a friends/family payment? Only scammers use that and once you have paid say they can't receive the funds.

The reason i suspect that is because you said a dispute didn't work out, which it wouldn't if you only had the option of unauthorised for a f/f transaction.

You would need to give more info for confirmation of what i have suggested. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20221021ag
Contributor
Contributor
My friend has 100.00 sitting in her paypal they said. NOt going to give it to her unless she verifys her debit card again pays off a older paypal. Shes never had pp before so u guess idk she got **bleep** again by pp how sad then if mo ey was dep to. Buy Bitcoins an they red flag it suspicious activities if u think its suspicious Then why have it that u can buy bitcoin ehat a bunch of crap
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.