Payments

Michael-1976
Contributor
Contributor
I've just ordered something off eBay,why hasn't the money been removed from my PayPal account?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michael-1976 

No idea without some information.

What funding source are you using?

Is the transaction pending or completed?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Michael-1976
Contributor
Contributor
I transfered money from my bank to my PayPal account. I ordered something off eBay paying by Paypal but the cash is still in my PayPal account and the payment is taken out of my bank account instead leaving me overdrawn. Why?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michael-1976 

Were the funds showing in your paypal balance or still transferring?

Were the funds cleared and not pending?

Were the funds in the correct currency?

Have you done this.........

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in the balance option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Michael-1976
Contributor
Contributor
Yes,it was in the right currency. What I would do was transfer money from my bank to my PayPal account and order something and they would take the cash out of my PayPal account but on Monday it was different. I put the cash in my PayPal account as usual and ordered off eBay like normal. I got an email saying the funds had been taken for PayPal and my order was on its way. On Weds I got an email from my bank saying I'd gone overdrawn and I had to sort it out,which I did. I checked my PayPal account and the cash was still there. I don't understand why this has changed. Any ideas?. Sorry its a long message.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.