Payments

Megmarie3333
Contributor
Contributor
Would i be able to make it on my paypal that i have to br authorized for every transaction?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Megmarie3333 

When you take action to make a payment you are authorizing it. When you send money or pay with PayPal, you are authorizing PayPal to charge your PayPal balance, bank account or credit/debit card.

Some sites set up pre-authorizations or billing agreements when checking out with PayPal on the initial transaction so you have to read the checkout screens carefully if it is asking for a back up payment method because this gives merchant pre-approved authority to charge your PayPal account and then PayPal uses your preferred payment method on file to make payment on future transactions.

Also updating the Preferred payment method on the wallet page does not affect your pre-authorizations/billing agreements, please go to the Automatic Payments page to cancel or edit the payment methods:

Personal Acct:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Cancel or Edit on the right.

Business Acct:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Money, banks and cards > Automatic payments > Set Automatic Payments

Click Merchant from list and edit payment method or Cancel on the next page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.