Payments to PayPal

help515
Contributor
Contributor

I'm new here so I am not sure I am on the right spot.  Apologies if I am not.  I have had both PayPal MC and PayPal Credit for many years and, up until about a few months ago, have had no problems.  The first one started with PayPal Credit and my PayPal MC just started this month.  I have had the same bank account for over 30 years and about 6-8 months ago all of a sudden the payments to my PayPal account was refunded due to rejection.  I spoke w/my bank and they said that the payments I made were never presented to them for payment (there was more than enough money in my account to make these payments) BUT PayPal Credit still charged me $27 late fee for each payment (total $71.00)  This happened 3 times with PayPal Credit.  I finally started using my debit card so they couldn't say it was rejected  and couldn't charge me anything extra (I previously reconfirmed my bank account with them 3 times and still to no avail).  This month my PayPal MC card suffered the same fate.  I just spoke with the bank and, AGAIN they received nothing from PayPal to indicate that I had made a payment.  The standard response I have received from PayPal has been that my bank has rejected my payment, EVEN though the bank has indicated that they never presented anything.  This is a very long communication and I apologize for this, but I wonder if anyone else has had any of these problems as well.  I am beginning to think that this is just a scam from PayPal to make more money.  Thank you so much for your time.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello @help515,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this issue. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a difficult time completing a PayPal Credit balance payment. That is understandably frustrating. Your best option would be a to contact PayPal Credit customer service directly.

Here is a link with more information about how to do so. Please check near the bottom of the page for their contact information and additional ways to complete PayPal Credit payments:  https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-credit/faq

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.