Payments set to come off credit card, yet seem to be coming from PayPal balance

JonasClark
Contributor
Contributor

I've had my account set to take payments from my credit card. However, I currently have a negative balance (I checked a few months ago and had well over a hundred dollars) and it seems all my credit card transactions are being deducted directly from my PayPal balance. What am I doing wrong, or how are my settings wrong?

Edit: Not all my credit card transactions. But eBay, Etsy and, for some reason, Lyft rides all come out of my PayPal balance, despite PayPal being set to take all funds from my credit card.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @JonasClark,

I'm sorry for any confusion regarding the billing agreement payments that have been made. Billing agreements will be charged to a balance if there is one, and to the designated payment method if there is no balance. I hope this clarification helps.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

eccab
New Community Member

Hi Olivia

Sorry, that doesn't make sense to me (I've had the same problem as above)...

I have had a balance for the whole month of April and some payments came from my nominated bankcard/account (which I have set as default for all payments) but Google Play payments have come out of my balance??

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, E

Login to Me Too

Totalpopsociety
New Community Member
I am having an issue that my credit card is set for payments but all my payments Jew getting taken out of my bank account. How can I fix that?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.