Payments on hold , email changed

DFOM
Contributor
Contributor
Hello there How is everyone doing? So my problem is that i created a paypal account with specific email address , and i am a streamer on twitch and i get donations , and i have received some donations on that email , but one day i changed the email address to a new one on paypal and deleted the previous , but i forgot to change it on the donation page , i received almost 220$ on my old email , so when i discovered that my payment are on the old email , i re added the email to my paypal account , the money now shows up at my paypal account but its labeled “On Hold” When i click on it , it says add track number or something else i forgot what it was , but the thing is im not a seller and i dont ship items dor that money , the money is donations , nothing will be provided in exchange for that money , i hope someone can help me and have the answer Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @DFOM. Thanks for taking the time to post your questions here on the PayPal Community Forum. Based on what you've mentioned, the payments you've received were placed in a Pending Balance due to PayPal's Funds Availability Policy (https://www.paypal.com/sa/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297).

I understand what you're saying about the payments being donations and there's nothing provided in exchange for the money, but the Policy applies to all payments received. Over time, as you build additional transaction history, and as long as there are no issues such as disputes, claims or chargebacks or limitations on your account, the frequency of payments being held will decrease and disappear altogether.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but the Policy was developed to increase the safety of the online marketplace, and that applies to payments viewed as donations as well as payments for Goods and Services.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.