Payments in GB pounds

R-F-B
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am new to selling with PayPal and my customers are telling me that when they try to make payment to me that it is in US Dollars. How can I change it so that I get paid in GB Pounds.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@R-F-B 

Look in the blue band just above your post on this page and you will see wallet > then click on the 3 dots next to balance > manage currencies and make GBP your default currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@R-F-B 

Verify the currency you are using in your webstore, PayPal check out integration, PayPal invoices, money requests, PayPal button settings.

Also verify that your currency is in GBP for your primary balance because that will be your default currency. Your default currency is used to send and request payments:

1. Click Wallet on the top of the page.
  2. Click on the right side of the currency balance you want to make primary and click Make Primary.

If customer is using American Express card, it is always charged in USD though.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

R-F-B
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply, I can’t find where wallet is could you please help.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@R-F-B 

Look in the blue band just above your post on this page and you will see wallet > then click on the 3 dots next to balance > manage currencies and make GBP your default currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

R-F-B
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your help, problem resolved.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.