Payments getting declined, card does not seem to work all of a sudden??

Mladys
New Community Member

Hello.

I've never had any problems sending and receiving money through PayPal, until a few days ago.

It started last week with me trying to pay for an item I bought on eBay with PayPal, when I got the message "Your payment didn't go through. Please check your payment details or select a different payment option." - First time seeing this notification, and it left me confused.

I checked my bank account; money was there, card and bank information is correct, my billing adress and everything else was exactly as before, nothing out of order. Tried the PayPal-button a few times again, getting the same decline-message as before, until I made the payment work by typing in my credit card information manually. Perhaps a temporary glitch or something, I thought.

The item I bought was from a seller in Spain, and I live in Sweden, and it wasn't anything suspiciously expensive or strange at all - a €15 DVD.

If that has any importance to do with the whole ordeal.

Now a week later I'm trying to buy some records online from two different sellers, both of them are private persons from European countries and not webshops, and I get a similar decline-message again, that stops me from finishing the payment that I'm about to do with PayPal.
"
Unfortunately you can’t pay with *My debit card*. Please add another card to complete your payment."

Now I can't even use my credit card!? I only have one, and the one I'm using is valid for another year and a half.

I tried removing both the linked bank account and linked card I have to my PayPal account, then re-adding them.
I tried logging in and out a bunch of times, cleaned my cache and cookies in my browsers, but none of it seems to help.

What can the problem be?

Cheers

Mlad

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.