Payment

gsjones93
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning.  I have a client that gave me their credit card # and I am trying to enter it in to make a payment, but it continues to decline it.  Outside of there being an issue with the card, which the client has assured me is good, is there something that prohibits me from typing in their CC info an paying from my account?  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gsjones93 

If you are logging on to your own PayPal account and entering your customer's card into your PayPal Wallet, you're doing it wrong. Only your own cards are allowed to be entered into your PayPal account settings/Wallet. You can't simply add it to your Wallet, if that is how you're trying to process payment.

You need to sign up for PayPal's Virtual Terminal if you haven't already done so to process a customer's card. If you are not or don't want to use Virtual Terminal, then, just send your customer a PayPal Invoice and they can pay with their credit card without a PayPal account from the PayPal log in page after they click the link to pay.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.