Payment

Darren7300
New Community Member

Hi everyone, hope someone can help me. Received an email telling me I received a payment from someone who bought an item from me on eBay with a transaction Id number. But the funds are not showing up in my history and PayPal isn't recognising the transaction id when I click on the link in the email? Thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darren7300

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

If its correct then was it in your countries currency or another one?

Are you sure the buyer has paid?

Are you sure the email was from Ebay and not a spoof?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Darren7300
New Community Member
Hi. When I click on the link "view this transaction online" it takes me to my PayPal account and I'm already logged in and says "We were unable to find that transaction ID. Please check the ID and try again." It's a genuine email as it has the details of the woman who played for the item I've been messaging. She showed me her eBay account and it says "paid" under my auction she won
Login to Me Too

Darren7300
New Community Member
Found the issue, email was from PayPal UK. For some reason it was paid into my UK PayPal account and not in my Australian account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darren7300

In that case you would have seen the email was your UK account if you had done what i suggested  Smiley Frustrated

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Darren7300
New Community Member
I thought it was quicker to check the email as I already had it open. But thanks for your help and advice
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darren7300

Glad you got it sorted either way   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.