Payment

Dcc1682
Contributor
Contributor
I just read that u can buy things from merchants even if your balance is $0, and u can pay it back in 14 days, is this true cause if I don't have enough in my PayPal account it says I need to use another type of payment so I am a little confused, please explain how this really works. Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Dcc1682,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, you do not need to have an available balance to use PayPal as a payment method! Simply, you can add a card or a bank account and use them as funding sources when making a payment. When you choose to pay with PayPal, log in with your email and password and choose either your card or bank account to pay for the purchase. Regarding the 14 days, you may be referring to 'Pay After Delivery' which, unfortunately, is not available in the US anymore. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

RSebire
Contributor
Contributor

You've asked a very good question, and only received a generic response.
I admire than. That level of non disclosure is reassuring. @PayPal_Martina kudos

I have PAD active on my Account here in the UK. I can confirm that for you at least.
I'm probably going to turn it off today as its annoying me now.

I'd personally like to see the feature evolve.
I'd like the PayPal HTML embed code for any sites I'm running to include the option, but if its not, why should I be hosting said code?
Thus, all and any international trades should automatically enable the feature, whereas any local trades shouldn't, be it for the business accounts or the personal accounts PayPal....

If this feature is only reserved for the business accounts, then perhaps it should be diversified. I'm turning mine off as off today. It becomes a nuisance when trading locally, it really does. I understand for trading globally, but not locally, and every time. 

Evolve the feature, and the HTML code at your end, and I will turn it back on, at a later date. But until then, this financial service does not suit my needs.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.