Payment

herm2ch
Contributor
Contributor

I am new to PayPal but have used them in the past for a couple of sales I made through eBay. I understand that the funds would be held for a period of time since I needed to establish history. This was clear in the log in page and I provided tracking info which eventually released the funds.

In this case I requested money from the sender which didn't involve selling merchandise but the status has been PENDING now for almost a week. Customer support claims the sender needs to do something on their end but the money has already cleared their bank. They sent me a screen pic confirming the money has indeed been sent and the funds have been taken from their account. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hello herm2ch,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

The payment may have been sent to you as an eCheque, which is one of the options used to fund a payment.

An eCheque is an electronic money transfer that moves money directly from your bank account, through your PayPal account, into another user's PayPal account. It's just like writing a cheque, only it’s done electronically.

An eCheque payment will always take the full payment amount from your bank account and doesn't use any money from your PayPal balance. eCheque is the only way to send a payment while maintaining your PayPal balance. When you're making a payment we'll show you, under the heading of 'Funding Options', if eCheque is the selected payment method for that transaction. If you want to have the option to send instant payments, you'll need to add a credit or debit card to your account. We'll need a card as a back-up funding source if we can’t get the money from your bank.

eCheques differ from Instant Bank Transfers, as they are not instant payments. With eCheque payments, your bank account will be debited when you begin the transaction. However, the transaction status will remain pending until the recipient receives the money, 5-7 working days later.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.