Payment without credit card

Jaydenruiz576
New Community Member
I made my paypal account because I’m not old enough for a credit card yet and I wanted to purchase something online I have the money to buy it but it says I need to link a bank a card before I purchase it Is there a way I can buy it without the credit card?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jaydenruiz576 

You must be 18 or older to have a PayPal account.

The way the PayPal checkout system works now, you will need to add a card as back up to pay with your PayPal balance. You might be able to use the balance on the off chance it won't ask for card but if it specifically asks for a card, you won't be able to complete the purchase.

The technology is changing all the time due to security, fraud, risk management, compliance with regulations and not as simple and predictable as it used to be.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jaydenruiz576 

You must be 18 or older to have a PayPal account.

The way the PayPal checkout system works now, you will need to add a card as back up to pay with your PayPal balance. You might be able to use the balance on the off chance it won't ask for card but if it specifically asks for a card, you won't be able to complete the purchase.

The technology is changing all the time due to security, fraud, risk management, compliance with regulations and not as simple and predictable as it used to be.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

alexeye
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. It looks like I have the same problem

- the Paypal system allows me to put money on my Paypal ballance

but does not allow me to send any amount to my friend.

So Paypal guys want to know my credit card... isn't it too much?

Bitcoin guys manage to work without it...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.