Payment to friends and family still pending

tats09
Contributor
Contributor

Every month I send some money to a family member overseas. The last 2 months, paypal has held the paypment on my side as "pending" for 10 days. My December payment was made on 20th December and it's showing as Pending until 30th December. I definitely selected Send to Friend or Family so why is PayPal doing this? I have been unable to find anything helpful in the FAQ.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

Thank you for recomendation. I will stop using PayPal

Login to Me Too

Trey15

I'm having the exact same problem!

Login to Me Too

Bank transfer

Login to Me Too

Steve1310
My guess would be because paypal is garbage. Having this problem now, among others totaling a greater number than successes, and cant ever even reach customer service.
Login to Me Too

EL302designs
New Community Member
Last time I use PayPal to transfer money between friends... The pending process takes too long
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EL302designs 

It only takes 'long' if you are sending an echeque as a funding source because paypal then is not charging you a fee for their service.

If you want it 'instant' then fund it via a card and pay the fee for the instant transfer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Justusinc
Contributor
Contributor

My friend (in the same town) sent me a payment yesterday through friends and family, he paid through his debit card as an instant transfer. It showed as pending, but we thought it was just because it was made after 5:00 pm and maybe it was because the bank was closed. However, it's been over a full day and his "instant transfer" is still pending. It would have been easier for me to drive over to his place and just get the cash that way.

Both of us have had accounts for a long time, both of us use them regularly to buy and sell things on a variety of online market places and both of us have attached bank accounts and debit cards. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello Justusinc,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

You will find more information regarding the status of payments here.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Justusinc
Contributor
Contributor
That's the problem. This isn't an eBay sale, this is between two friends. He sent an "instant transfer" and it's been two days. Besides, even if this was a sale, both of us have accounts in good standing and don't meet the criteria you listed
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Thank you for the update.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.