Payment to friends and family still pending

tats09
Contributor
Contributor

Every month I send some money to a family member overseas. The last 2 months, paypal has held the paypment on my side as "pending" for 10 days. My December payment was made on 20th December and it's showing as Pending until 30th December. I definitely selected Send to Friend or Family so why is PayPal doing this? I have been unable to find anything helpful in the FAQ.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tats09

Are you funding it from your bank account via bank transfer OR a debit card??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tats09
Contributor
Contributor
Hi kernowlass The payment is from my verified current account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tats09

Bank transfers AND payments made by a linked debit card both come from your verified bank account so which one are you using??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tats09
Contributor
Contributor
Bank transfer.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tats09

OK then normally when you pay using paypal "ie a seller" then paypal CREDIT the seller in advance and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account to pay them back again.

This is so you get your item more quickly.

BUT if you are sending to family / friends using your bank account then you have to take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account and then paypal will pass it on to your friend or family member.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tats09
Contributor
Contributor
Until October this year, the payment was received by my family member into their PayPal instantly for collection. November and December it took 10 days. This is my query. The funds left my bank account on the 23rd of this month but still haven't been received for collection on the other side and the status on the transaction on my PayPal account shows as pending. I want to know why it's taking so long now when it was instant before.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi Tats09,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum.

This seems to be a very account specific question. Is it possible you can give our customer service a call as we do not have access to your account here. You can also reach us on Twitter and Facebook.

-David R

Login to Me Too

temp20190620f
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem, my mom sent me money a week ago, it's been taken from her account, not transferred to me and still says , pending and I've never had this problem before, everyone who replied to this woman was useless as alot of people have this problem and can't solve it. Use Google wallet, it's literally Instant hate PayPal
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20190620f

You are replying to posts made in 2015 and 2016 and things have been updated since then on a lot of paypal info.

But I take your point and won't give you my advice as its probably 'useless'.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.