Payment shows confirmed for me but pending for friend

Mitch33
Contributor
Contributor

I sent money to a friend in another country (CAD to EUR) and the transaction is showing as completed for me but for my friend the payment is still showing pending. My bank account has not yet been charged for this transaction which was sent on Dec 15. Is it as simple as the transaction will be released on his side once my account has been charged and if so is there a normal time frame for how long to allow? I'm also not sure why the transaction shows as completed on my side if i haven't been charged and the payment hasn't been released. I don't use PayPal very often for this sort of transaction so I'm not sure of how normal 'delays' like this are or how long to allow for transactions to go through so any insight would be appreciated.

Some additional notes if they help;

My friend does have a verified email and account and has received money before.

Transaction was sent as a friends and family payment.

I was contacted by PayPal right after sending to mark the payment as authorized and I did.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mitch33 

EUR where????????? Europe is not one country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mitch33
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlassSorry that was meant to indicate the currency exchange if it mattered (Canadian dollars to Euros). He's in Romania right now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.