Payment sent - canceled and then refunded

Creamiest
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a payment of 19 USD (with credit card  and paypal balance) on June 18th, however by july 18th I receive this email 

Dear Blank
On 18 Jun 2019, you sent a payment to Blank for ‪14.00 USD‬.
The funds have been returned to your account.
This payment was returned for the following reason(s):
Blank Payment Receiving Preferences are set to manually accept or deny this type of payment.
Your PayPal account access has been limited.

However on my account it shows

Completed - Canceled and when I click  on the original purchase it says Refund Complete.

I am being pressured by the buyer who is accusing me of canceling the payment before it had chance to clear and I am upset and confused and don't know what to do or if it was my fault..

My only explanation is that

"If your payment is unclaimed/pending for 30 days or your payment was denied or refunded, you’ll get your money back."

the email was sent to me on july 18th and i sent the payment on june 18th which meant that she left the payment unclaimed for over 30 days which it is then automatically cancelled and refunded to me.

Please help me!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Creamiest,

Oh no! If a payment is not accepted within 30 days, just like you said, it will automatically be returned. This means the receiver didn't claim the funds before the time was up and that's why you got a refund. You would need to initiate the payment to the seller again and have them ensure the payment is accepted to resolve the issue. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.