Payment sent but not received by seller.

chester19
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

PLEASE HELP!!

I bought something from eBay. Sent seller the money via Paypal, seller says he hasn't received any. I check and it says 'Pending' and waiting for seller to receive money. I tell seller this, he still says he cant see anything and doesn't understand. I resend the money, it happens again. I then cancel the payment and request a refund. Seller says he gave me the wrong email address...I try the new one and still the same. 'Pending'. I request a refund again. 3 TIMES I TRY TO PAY!! I request another refund. By this time, my card is blocked. I call bank and they tell me I have no money left that I have made 3 Paypal transactions for the same amount and that they've not been refunded. So I literally had no money left!! The seller hasn't received anything yet and I have no money left! Does anyone know how long it takes for the money to go back into your account, given that it left my bank but never reached the seller....3 times over?? I cant get a response from Paypal. Turns out the seller changed his email details with Paypal months back, and they are still letting payments go to his old account...which he cannot access. So where has the money gone?

Thanks all

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chester19 

So when these payments were sent, you were able to cancel all 3 payments from your end, yes?

I think with the new email address the seller gave you, they may have forgotten to confirm their email address. Transactions can be pending for being unclaimed by the recipient (they didn't register or confirm the email address) or its a temporary authorization waiting for the seller to capture payment.

If you were able to cancel all three payments. Each can take about a week, up to 30 days for your card to post back the money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chester19 

So when these payments were sent, you were able to cancel all 3 payments from your end, yes?

I think with the new email address the seller gave you, they may have forgotten to confirm their email address. Transactions can be pending for being unclaimed by the recipient (they didn't register or confirm the email address) or its a temporary authorization waiting for the seller to capture payment.

If you were able to cancel all three payments. Each can take about a week, up to 30 days for your card to post back the money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

chester19
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

In total, Paypal has taken approx £1,000!! I have no money left...in my account...

Yes, I cancelled all 3 payments. The seller told me he didn't know what was going on and couldn't understand why PayPal was not reaching him, when he has always used Paypal inconjuction with his EBay selling account.

Basically I have used ALL my money trying to send him money to buy something. I thought if it hadn't left my account, and I cancelled it...as it definitely hadn't reached him, because he hadn't 'accepted it' then my moiney would transfer back into my account pretty much straight away.

SO now I have no money!! If it takes up to 30 days to go back to my card...I have no money for Christmas. Why does Paypal not state that it takes up to 30 days if you cancel a payment?

I'm dismayed and now completely out of money!!

Login to Me Too

laineb16
Contributor
Contributor

what if the process is completed but the seller said they didn't received my payment ? where can I ask for a refund?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.