Payment refunded, alternative payment required

Kenbar1
Contributor
Contributor
I brought an item from China on 15/4, payment went through. The item arrived last week, this morning had an email from PayPal saying payment has been refunded and contact seller directly to arrange alternative payment! Why has this happened, does this mean it’s a scam?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Kenbar1

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

I understand you're concerned about the email received regarding the refund. In this case, I would recommend you to check if you have received any credit on the account and contact the seller to find out the exact reason for the refund issued. If you are unable to find the refund transaction and cannot contact the seller. The best way to get more clarification and resolve this issue is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can check your account and assist you further. Please contact customer service by clicking Contact us at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

I hope this helps.
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.