Payment received pending after email confirmation.

Alejandro80
New Community Member

I recently started taking art commissions online and I received my first payment for my work about 2 days ago. I then went into my PayPal account and saw that the despite the fact that the transaction was labeled as "paid" and that I received an email telling my that my customer had sent me the payment for his commission, my balance was still empty.I check that the email that informed me that I had received the payment and saw that in order see the payment in may account I had to confirm my email address first, so I linked the link in the email and then I confirmed my email. After that, I saw that the money was placed on hold because the payment was sent to an email that was associated with my PayPal account even if I did confirm the correct email address before that and I did check in the transaction information afterwards. It also seems to have created a new pending transaction that is also asking me to ship the product, even if I'm not selling a physical object and I'm instead selling digital art. Please help me understand what is going on and how I can fix this and receive the payment for my work. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.