Payment received; can't access it and instructions to give info requested are wrong or don't work

JLng
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment that I was expecting.  Received an email from PayPal stating that "my payment was waiting".  But, they couldn't transfer the money until they received a bit more information regarding my account or transactions.  To solve this issue, the e mail instructed me to log into my PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center to provide the "missing info". 

However, upon following these instructions, there was absolutely nothing in the Resolution Center regarding my account.  The payment does not show up under my activity log.  No mention of what specific info they want.  Nothing.

Not sure why this is an issue as my linked card was accepted and showing on my account.  My email address has not changed either.  When you call to speak with someone, you get a recording stating how many calls they've received, the wait time is a long, and you never reach a human to speak with.  

I have no idea how to solve this problem, but, all business are busy right now.  So what!  If they want/need more info, happy to give it.  But, they need to give the correct method to give them what they need.  Ridiculous!   May be time to ditch PayPal!    

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

1LaurieK
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. with 2 payments I was expecting. both I've received money from in the past.  There is nothing in my activity. I've done the messaging center multiple times because I am not sure what section to choose. One message there are no holds or limitations. Another says clear limitations. Both messages are closed/considered resolved.  I have tried the phone and the machine doesn't seem to know what to do with me.  I'm not disputing anything.  Made a  couple more attempts to message as now I have a second payment being held up, that doesn't show up.  No transactions are listed, and I have no idea how or what they want me to provide.   The only thing I can think of is I haven't received a payment for awhile.  One in June 2019.  But that's because of COVID-19.  Everything is correct.  I sure would like to receive the money I earned.  If you find out anything please pass it on.

Login to Me Too

leonore1
Contributor
Contributor

I opted for the FREE money tranfer into my linked account. Multiple tries to tell PAyPal to deposit there resulted in messaged that the procss could not be completed. "TRY LATER AGAIN" is the message on the screen. did that 5 times. If I opted to pay the 1% fee for instant transfer, would that work? 

Its the principle at this time.  I will look for other many transfer option. But for now, i need the money that was sent to me.  - paypal reolution messagig is promised to contact me. I will see what they do, but DO not Trust PayPal any longer.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.