Payment received but it won't appear in my balance.

sz_balazs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a problem with a payment. In Recent Activity section the payment appears, but not in my balance (not even on hold). 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Yes. Same here.
Login to Me Too

Goshe
Contributor
Contributor

having the same issue too. 

Login to Me Too

Gaston72
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me today September 13th. I received a payment of $1.23, which said "completed transaction" and did not reflect on my paypal balance. I refunded that payment, in order to ask the person to send me the payment again to see if that way I could see it on my balance, and the refund amount was taken from my actual paypal balance, which meant that not only I did not get the $1.23, but I got another $1.23 taken out of my balance!!! Then the person sent me the $1.23 again and it is still not reflecting on my balance. So I'm $2.46 short of what I should have now... No way to contact them on the phone, no answer on the help center... I am at a complete loss here. Thank God that they were small payments, but I need an answer regardless! Had it been a big amount I'd be really really mad!!!! So just keep in mind: DO NOT REFUND PAYMENT HOPING TO GET IT RIGHT THE SECOND TIME BECAUSE IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

Login to Me Too

Waver143
New Community Member
What did you do guys?
Login to Me Too

Gaston72
Contributor
Contributor

For what I have been reading, I see that lots of people are having the same issue... so it is definitely on their end (on Paypal's end)... I just hope our money will appear eventually. I read about a guy that got paid over $40.000 and the money is not reflecting on his balance... OMG

Login to Me Too

sz_balazs
Contributor
Contributor

It's actually 73 bucks 😞 I contacted eBay (it's a payment for an eBay item), but obviously the told me to contact PayPal. I hope I'll manage to contact them before next year's Christmas...

Login to Me Too

Gaston72
Contributor
Contributor

I wasn't able to contact them on the phone at all either... nor on the help center, so I'm hoping they will solve this issue for everybody soon.

Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I bombarded them on chat I literally said will keep msg until my money will appear. Also sent a tweet but I am afraid there is nothing we can do until they pick the issue up...probably not going to happen until tomorrow. I am on 1,5hrs now.
Login to Me Too

sz_balazs
Contributor
Contributor

There is an update on the PayPal status site saying that the issue is global and they are working on it, so it's definitely a problem on their side. I guess all we can do is wait, because contacting them is close to impossible. 

Affected Regions: Global

We are experiencing a system issue which may be affecting PayPal Balance on the Production environment. Some PayPal Customers may be encountering delays in funds received from new transactions showing up in their PayPal Balance on the PayPal website and PayPal Mobile App.

Our technical teams are actively working towards resolving the issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.