Payment question

Transformer33
Contributor
Contributor
Can a prepaid Visa/MasterCard be used in conjunction with your bank account if you’re using your bank account to supplement the gift card in the same transaction Ex: gift card is for $25 and the item being purchased is $30 (before s&h), requiring additional funds in addition to the gift card
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Transformer33 

Nope. Split payments only occur if your payment method is PayPal balance and backed up with credit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Transformer33 

No, if you used your prepaid visa/MC gift card and it doesn't have enough on it. It will decline.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/template-management/prepaid-gift-cards

Login to Me Too

Transformer33
Contributor
Contributor
So if the card doesn’t have enough it won’t pull money from either your bank account or your PayPal balance if you have one?
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Transformer33 

Nope. Split payments only occur if your payment method is PayPal balance and backed up with credit card.

Login to Me Too

Univ23
New Community Member
That's what I have
Login to Me Too

TM951
New Community Member
What if I have 10€ on paypal and the item costs 5€ then money goes from paypal or VISA credit card?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@TM951

Thanks for reaching out on our Community Forum. In that situation, you'll have the option to use your PayPal balance to fund the 5€ .

Cheers,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.