Payment problems

uglymale007
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am trying to purchase an item on Ubisoft using my paypal account but each time, paypal tries to take money from my bank account instead. I have enough money in my paypal wallet, so why are they still trying to debit my bank card for the transaction?

When I unlink my bank card from my paypal and try using just my paypal to pay for the transaction, it asks for a bank card before continuing. If I wanted to use my card, I would not need paypal now would I?

Does this mean I do not have access to the money in my paypal wallet? Please help as this is very frustrating for me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @uglymale007,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

kernowlass is right. If you are sending money the funds need to be in the same currency as the payment you are making. You can double check this using this link https://www.paypal.com/za/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-convert-my-paypal-balance-to-a-different-curren... . If the payment is still not working you may be looking at your primary balance rather than the currency the money is actually in. 

The other reason a payment would not come from your balance is if the payment is for a subscription or billing agreement. Those types of payments have to be linked to a card or bank as a balance cannot be guaranteed for future payments. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uglymale007 

Are the funds in your paypal balance in exactly the same currency that the person you are paying accepts?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

uglymale007
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. both in euros

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @uglymale007,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

kernowlass is right. If you are sending money the funds need to be in the same currency as the payment you are making. You can double check this using this link https://www.paypal.com/za/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-convert-my-paypal-balance-to-a-different-curren... . If the payment is still not working you may be looking at your primary balance rather than the currency the money is actually in. 

The other reason a payment would not come from your balance is if the payment is for a subscription or billing agreement. Those types of payments have to be linked to a card or bank as a balance cannot be guaranteed for future payments. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

uglymale007
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. This helped me....I was looking at my primary balance rather than the currency the money is actually in. It is sorted now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.