Payment pending

JuJu1166
Contributor
Contributor
I made a payment to someone. The transaction was completed and the money was taken from my account. The recipients account shows that the payment is pending. When they try to receive the payment, the recaptcha isn’t working correctly. How do we resolve this situation?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
How did you fund the transaction? Did you use PayPal cash, bank funds, a linked card, or what?

On your side, does it show that it was sent as an e-check?

If it's pending on their side, this could be for a number of reasons. Most likely it's because the system wants them to enter tracking info for the shipped item, and when this shows delivered it would release the funds to them shortly after.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

JuJu1166
Contributor
Contributor
The payment was a cash transaction made out of my PayPal account. Everything looks good on my end and I received a receipt. There was no merchandise exchange. It shows pending on their end and they can’t get past “I am not a robot “ on their end to receive the cash. I have no cancel button to push. Will this transaction cancel it’s self in 30 days? How do they resolve their problem with the robot?
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
No, if you paid with PayPal cash then it would be an instant payment, but could be holding for other reasons as I mentioned.

If no shipping was required on the order, then that should have been specified in the payment request so that no shipping address was collected. Then this hold may not have happened.

Based on what I'm hearing, it sounds like if you click into the transaction details on your side, you should see a small link that lets you click to verify you have received your "item". If you do this it may release the funds right away.

As for them getting logged in, well, if they can't pass the security checks...not sure what to say. They could try clearing their browser cache/cookies, or using a different browser altogether and see if that helps.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.