Payment pending

Sethrenwolf12
Contributor
Contributor
I am very upset right now. I called customer support yesterday complaining my pending transaction hasn't come in when it was supposed yesterday on the 10th. They assured me it would show up today and it hasn't. It was a lot of money intended for moving. This wasn't a sales transaction just bf sending me money How the heck do I get my money?!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sethrenwolf12 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If he sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and may apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If he had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would normally have had the payment instantly with no fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sethrenwolf12
Contributor
Contributor
So what can I do to resolve either of these and get my money?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sethrenwolf12 

Well you haven't said which of those 2 options he used to send you the funds have you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sethrenwolf12
Contributor
Contributor
Could you tell me both please resolutions please? Boyfriend isn't sure he remembers due to juggling a lot with this move. We've both contacted customer support and we were told yesterday it'd be in later that day. And there's no update today
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sethrenwolf12 

New seller hold.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Normally a security review of about 24 hours for a 'friends / family' payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.