Payment options by @Delayed payment after 14 days, offered previously

Rob_K
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have been using ebay and PayPal for many years.

Some time ago, a new payment settlement option  was offered to me via ebay. I have not seen this offer more recently. The offer involved not paying for items that have been purchased on ebay immediately, but allowed a "delay" period before payment. It was either "payment on receipt of goods" or "payment after 14 days", or something like that.

After having problems with one unreasonable seller, I would like to be able to use this payment method to withhold payment if a seller is not fulfilling their end of a purchase transaction.

Does anyone know where I can access this payment delay/credit option. I can not see a reference to it on ebay or PayPal, and I do not know what the formal name of this procedure is.

Regards,

Rob

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rob_K 

You are talking about PAD = pay after delivery.

However it does not withhold payments from the seller, no seller would send an item before being paid.

What happens is that paypal credit the seller upfront as they always do but this time they give YOU a bit of extra time ie a 14 day interest free loan before they debit your bank account. 

In this time your item 'may' have arrived.

You have no more buyer protection and your seller is unaware that you are using PAD as its between you and paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

abc123def456
Contributor
Contributor

What has happened it has just disappeared how do I get it back on so that I can delay my payments by 14 days.

thanks

Forbes Watson

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abc123def456 

did you read my above post?

Paypal offers it or withdraws it from time to time, if its not offered you can't use it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.