Payment option missing

onur2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I was about to buy something online and when I clicked on PayPal to make the payment, I noticed that my debit card was missing amongst card options. There was no problem with the credit card but I couldn't pay it with my debit card. By the way, I used my debit card several times before, without any issue. Also, I don't see any sign of a problem with the cards in my wallet. I would appreciate any idea, advice or help on how to solve this problem or at least find out the reason of it. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

onur2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I figured out the reason of my problem thanks to the customer service, maybe it is the same as yours, if not try to contact them.

I had an automatic payment order via my debit card through PayPal. Once, the payment had declined because of insufficient funds (payment has been made with my back-up credit card though but that's not important). That's why PayPal blocked my debit card for a while and they told me that they want to be sure that the bank account is still active and I can continue to use the debit card after proving it. To do that and to buy something with your debit card now, just add money to your PayPal balance with your debit card and make the payment with PayPal balance.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

goodboykr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Missing cards during checkout might be due to the seller not accepting the kind of card (usually debit cards) or the currency of the purchase is not available for your card.

Login to Me Too

onur2
Contributor
Contributor

I thought the same thing too. That's why I tried purchasing an item that I already bought before, using my debit card. During checkout, the debit card option was still missing. Also, currency is probably not the problem because I have made purchases with that currency using the same card.

Login to Me Too

Kaipock
New Community Member
This happened to me aswell, i am trying to purchase from a website i have used before but this time my debit card option is missing
Login to Me Too
Solved

onur2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I figured out the reason of my problem thanks to the customer service, maybe it is the same as yours, if not try to contact them.

I had an automatic payment order via my debit card through PayPal. Once, the payment had declined because of insufficient funds (payment has been made with my back-up credit card though but that's not important). That's why PayPal blocked my debit card for a while and they told me that they want to be sure that the bank account is still active and I can continue to use the debit card after proving it. To do that and to buy something with your debit card now, just add money to your PayPal balance with your debit card and make the payment with PayPal balance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.