Payment on hold

danial4
New Community Member

hi, I received payment from buyer through my Shopify store and my payment received is on hold. how do I receive the payment as soon as possible? as I need the money to make and order?

pls pls help me as soon as possible, thank you guys!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danial4 

"I know, but how its gonna take to release the payments?"

I already told you...provided tracking info so that PayPal can release it within 1 day of confirming delivery. Or mark the order as Shipped and ask buyer to "Confirm Receipt". You can do either one by clicking "Add Tracking Info" in the payment details.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danial4 

Sorry, your business model won't survive against these PayPal holds. Must have some capital on hand to fund your inventory and shipping expenses. This goes to show that PayPal does not work very well with drop shipping or retail arbitrage (buying/ordering stock when you receive an order for it) from the start when you have to prove yourself to have a reliable PayPal account. The PayPal Acceptable Use Agreement even prohibits selling items you don't have on hand "(d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item" (see in section #3).

You'll need to provide tracking number and only after PayPal can confirm delivery would the money be released. Maybe you can mark the transaction as shipped and ask buyer to "confirm receipt' to release the payment immediately. And you'll have to do this for any payment that's on PayPal hold and its not a good look to the customer.

Login to Me Too

danial4
New Community Member

I know, but how its gonna take to release the payments?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danial4 

"I know, but how its gonna take to release the payments?"

I already told you...provided tracking info so that PayPal can release it within 1 day of confirming delivery. Or mark the order as Shipped and ask buyer to "Confirm Receipt". You can do either one by clicking "Add Tracking Info" in the payment details.

Login to Me Too

danial4
New Community Member

got it, thank you so much!

Login to Me Too

Anthonycaulfiel
New Community Member
This is a lot of nonsense. I do all deliveries myself off my Shopify store. I can’t chase all customers after they’ve received for confirmations? Why the hell should I? I’ve marked as fulfilled on Shopify, customer gets notification and we have no issues. I want the money that is rightfully mine. End of story. Disgrace.
Login to Me Too

DavidHorvath
Contributor
Contributor

Hello
(I am a new user so I know why i have my payments on hold... but)

I added tracking numbers and marked the orders as "shipped" yet nothing has changed. (i checked the tracking numbers 3/3 cases they are already delivered 2 days ago).

What can I do, now? - I asked the recipients to confirm delivery, only one of them confirmed it. I still have 2 cases which is on hold. And at the moment I have 4 new orders on hold (not shipped yet) - I cannot afford to beg to all my paypal customers to confirm the products arrival after they received them, I would rather cancel this payment method on my website.

Thank You for Your help in Advance.

Login to Me Too

Pratik12
Contributor
Contributor
My payment is on hold and my customer even he got the service he is saying no mail has arrived in his mail I have already given him the service please release my money as soon as possible or say what steps I have to take to get my money sooner
Login to Me Too

DavidHorvath
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Pratik12, You can ask Your customer to confirm the arrival of the order in paypal. (She/he has to log in and manually confirm it) Or You have to wait like 20-30days before paypal release the payment. “safety reason” to make sure the customer got what he ordered (that is why the customer has to confirm it) I do not know other way (by time if You get many orders the system might releases your payments immediately, as you become a trusted partner)
Login to Me Too

Mamasheni27
Contributor
Contributor
Please off hold on my payment.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.