Payment on hold

Hernameisbeans
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I sold a one off item for £140 on Depop and the money came through as on hold.

Despite this i still shipped the item next day signed for and hoped that as soon as the buyer got the item i would get the money. There was no tracking number choice only signed for which i didnt pay with through paypal. A few days ago the buyer got the item and left me a 5 star review/ marked as obtained and yet i still didnt get the money. It has now been exactly a week since the buyer bought the item and has now happily got it with no issues. My paypal balance is currently in -£ which is giving me so much anxiety, and its so frustrating because the money on hold could bring it to a positive number.

How do i get my payment soon?

Why is it taking so long to get my payment?

How do i stop this from happening again?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hernameisbeans 

You did not received a tracking number of some kind from the post for the shipment? Even for next day signed? Then how did you know it was delivered? Hmmm. Next time, ship it within PayPal Shipping. PayPal needs to confirm delivery with the courier in order to release funds.

Try this:

Click the transaction, and click "Add Tracking Info" and select an order status (Shipped with or without tracking number or Order Processed) and then ask sender to confirm receipt on their end of the transaction to release funds immediately.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.