Payment on hold or pending

tomplaysgames

I tried buying stuff online from American Eagle Outfitters on 05.12.2019. I used my paypal account to pay. On that day my order has been cancelled by American Eagle Outfitters, but in my paypal activities the payment still pending. I would like to cancel this order because I have managed to buy the things I wanted in another way. In the activities section I don't have "Cancel" button. I have talked to American Eagles Outfitters and they said I should talk with paypal, because they have already cancelled my order.

Thanks in advance, Tamas Cseragi

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tomplaysgames 

This is a temporary authorization agreement to pay the merchant. If the merchant captures the payment, then your account will be charged. If merchant says the order is canceled, or problem with order or card, then they probably won't able to capture payment and the authorization will expire. Authorizations cannot be canceled by PayPal because only the merchant can release you from the agreement and the agreement expires if payment is not captured. It takes a about a week, up to 30 days for authorization to expire.

This is normal with payments at merchant sites with PayPal checkout integrated.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

tomplaysgames

Thank you Sir! Then I'll just wait, what will happen.

Login to Me Too

Liz18sun
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I know it’s been a long time since you post this, but the same thing happened to me, I was wondering if they gave you the refund? Or how long you had to wait 🤷🏻‍♀️ Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.