Payment on hold - item requires collection

JD1111
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

My payment I have received is on hold.

In order to get my money sooner, I have to either select to provide shipping information or Update the status of your service or virtual product sale. The item I sold on eBay requires collection only so is neither being posted nor is a service, so I am unsure which option to select in order to proceed?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JD1111 

Personally I think you should never use Paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you 'may' lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

However If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed.  BUT funds are often released earlier if its ebays and not paypals hold if your buyer leaves feedback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JD1111
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your message

I didn't expect the buyer to pay via PayPal - I assumed they would pay on collection. However I noticed there is a feature on the Ebay app to "scan to confirm collection" so maybe this protects if the buyer decides to open a dispute after collecting

Login to Me Too

RachieH1979
I had this exact same issue. I messaged the buyer and asked them to send me the 5 digit code they had been emailed and they did. I was then able to manually enter the code. Still waiting for my held payment though!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.