Payment on hold help.

Garry8
New Community Member
Can anyone advise me on how to get a hold lifted on a recent sale of an item? The buyer has received his item and updated all their information. PayPal also has tracking info on the item which show it has been delivered and signed for. I can't ring customer service because it is closed and on my account online it says I have received the money. But it also shows payment on hold ? I have also queried it to the automated help and come up with with nothing . Any advice would be helpful thank you .
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Garry8 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

There are a couple of reasons why a payment gets on hold, if you are a new seller, you have been inactive or dormant for awhile, or sometimes when you have changed your selling activity. This is just to make sure the account has available balance it case any chargebacks or disputes happen. 

Since you have upload the tracking number, our system is connected to the tracking system of some major shipping companies, once it shows that it is delivered, 1 day after, funds will be released. Another way would be confirming receipt of the buyer from their Paypal account, they would need to go to the transaction, click confirm receipt and it will be released immediately. They would need to use a browser since it is not available on the app. 

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.