Payment on hold even if customer already confirmed receipt of services

lozibalasi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I hope someone can enlighten me. My account is already two years old so I've already gone through the payment holds for new accounts. I have received a payment from a client for writing services. It's still on hold even when the client already told me that he has confirmed the receipt of the services. The customer support representatives don't offer much help because they can only say that the money is on hold for 21 days. From what I understand, once the customer has confirmed receipt, the money is supposed to be available immediately. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you resolve it? Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lozibalasi 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the funds have been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and they would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

The buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 

Having said that paypal is working with vastly reduced staffing levels  at the moment so even if normally your funds would have been released instantly in these circumstances it seems to be taking much longer for funds to be released.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mrpollomexica6
Contributor
Contributor

Have you resolved this issue? The same thing is happening to me right now. I verified my info like it asked and now it's stating that the funds will be released in 7 days! 

Login to Me Too

lozibalasi
Contributor
Contributor

@mrpollomexica6  Hi. There wasn't any other solution but to wait. The customer support wasn't much help either. What I did was I refunded my client with the amount and we made the transaction through another service. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.