Payment not received in full

Tekoa80
Contributor
Contributor
Yesterday, I sent a payment of £335.90, using an email address. All my notifications show that this was the amount sent and my bank statement confirms it. But the recipient has only received £324.90. I have sent money using this email address before, and last time he received the full amount. I have emailed PayPal, but thought it may be quicker to ask you guys instead! 😉
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tekoa80 

if you sent it the same way then i don't think he did.

when you recieve funds it always shows the full amount in the 'transaction' as received but the 'balance' is less and some sellers if they have funds in their balance already don't always realise a lesser amount has been credited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tekoa80 

His paypal fee is deducted from the amount sent before the remainder is credited to his paypal account balance.

The only time a fee is not deducted is when it is sent using the friends / family option but don't use that option for paying for goods or you will have 0 buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tekoa80
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply. That would make sense...except the first time I sent payment, he received it in full 🤔
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tekoa80 

if you sent it the same way then i don't think he did.

when you recieve funds it always shows the full amount in the 'transaction' as received but the 'balance' is less and some sellers if they have funds in their balance already don't always realise a lesser amount has been credited.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tekoa80
Contributor
Contributor
Ah, yes, that would make sense. Thank you 😊
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.