Payment mistake

golab2
Contributor
Contributor

I was supposed to make payment with my credit card attached to my paypal account but I mistakenly click on bank account to make a payment.What can I do to correct this mistake before my bank account will be charged because the money in my bank account is not enough to pay the merchant.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@golab2

You can't stop a payment from processing once you have clicked to pay, even if the seller refunds you the funds would still have to complete through to paypal first before the refund is credited to your balance.

If the funds are not there then paypal may try again a few days later and if it again fails they may try your back up card...........in the meantime they may put your paypal account into negative until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@golab2

You can't stop a payment from processing once you have clicked to pay, even if the seller refunds you the funds would still have to complete through to paypal first before the refund is credited to your balance.

If the funds are not there then paypal may try again a few days later and if it again fails they may try your back up card...........in the meantime they may put your paypal account into negative until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

golab2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.I actually used my paypal to book for a flight ticket but I forgot to select credit card as my payment option.Instead,I use my bank  and there is no much money in my account.Can I call the paypal customer service to change my payment option for the transaction to credit card?

I already transfer the money for the ticket to my credit card since last week.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@golab2

They can't change a funding source once you have paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.