Payment methods

pat29
Contributor
Contributor

When I purchased something on an auction on eBay, why didn’t I get the option of deferred (14 days) or PayPal Credit ? Also why do PayPal insist on sending you e-mails to tell you there’s money in your account? If I’ve sold something on eBay & had to use PayPal, then I know there’s money there??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pat29

You can normally only use Paypal Credit on merchants that accept it and state that they do on their auctions, did that seller offer it?

Secondly PAD is offered by Paypal on a transaction by transaction basis, if it wasn't offered then it was not available to use on that transaction either.

They send an email to tell you that there is money in your account because you may well have got an Ebay email to say you had been paid BUT there were no funds in your Paypal account due to an incorrect email address on your auction / not verified your email address or a range of other problems. Paypal emails tell you its defo in your account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pat29

You can normally only use Paypal Credit on merchants that accept it and state that they do on their auctions, did that seller offer it?

Secondly PAD is offered by Paypal on a transaction by transaction basis, if it wasn't offered then it was not available to use on that transaction either.

They send an email to tell you that there is money in your account because you may well have got an Ebay email to say you had been paid BUT there were no funds in your Paypal account due to an incorrect email address on your auction / not verified your email address or a range of other problems. Paypal emails tell you its defo in your account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.