Payment method

battaolo
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal trying to take money from my credit card when there's already money in my Paypal account
Has anyone experienced this? 
I want to pay for something by PP but after I login I faced with a dialogue box asking me to choose which (of two) cards I want to use. If I wanted to use a credit card I wouldn't add extra fees by going through paypal. I would just go direct. So, how can get PP to pay from the money they're holding and not take it from my cards?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is the PayPal balance marked as your preferred payment method in the Wallet? Click Wallet at the top, click Paypal Balance it not already selected and click "Set as Preferred" under Preferred when paying online.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is the PayPal balance marked as your preferred payment method in the Wallet? Click Wallet at the top, click Paypal Balance it not already selected and click "Set as Preferred" under Preferred when paying online.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

battaolo
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks very much. That works except the route to that option wasn't quite where you said it was. I found it under Summary>Payments>Your preferred way to pay. You'd think this ought to be the default and/or it to be flagged up when you pay. I had a payment taken from my card when I had plenty on PP and that shakes my trust in them some more. Anyway. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Shikha05
New Community Member
I can’t see. Any such option of PayPal balance ..I can just see my card
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Shikha05

It doesn't look like you have your country confirmed on your profile. What country is your PayPal account located in? 

Regards, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.