Payment issue

Nedddie
Contributor
Contributor

"Your payment was refused by PayPal. Please try a linking a different payment method or contact PayPal customer service for assistance." Does anyone know why the payment is being refused?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nedddie 

Funding source - how you are funding your paypal payment.

1. Bank account, if so have you verified it with the 4 digit code. Have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance recently that may cause paypal not to offer you that option in the future and cause payments funded that way to decline.

2. Debit or credit card, if so make sure that they are up to date and check your card issuer is not declining the payments for any reason.

If you are in Germany then hopefully you have a German bank account or cards and are not trying to use that account / financial info in another country at the moment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nedddie 

As you haven't said what funding source you were using or whether it was verified or whether you have back up funding sources linked then hard to say really.

You haven't even said what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Nedddie
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah im kinda new at all this paypal stuff. Im from Germany. Can you also tell me what this funding source is and tell me how to verify it
Login to Me Too

Nedddie
Contributor
Contributor
And also i could freely buy everything without any issues a few weeks ago.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nedddie 

Funding source - how you are funding your paypal payment.

1. Bank account, if so have you verified it with the 4 digit code. Have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance recently that may cause paypal not to offer you that option in the future and cause payments funded that way to decline.

2. Debit or credit card, if so make sure that they are up to date and check your card issuer is not declining the payments for any reason.

If you are in Germany then hopefully you have a German bank account or cards and are not trying to use that account / financial info in another country at the moment?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.