Payment from eBay

Amyb09
Contributor
Contributor

So i sold an item on ebay last week and the payment arrived in my ebay account but not in my PayPal account. Finding it hard to get in contact with either of them! I don't know why I haven't received it in my PayPal account. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amyb09

Firstly do this....

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then you need to change it DURING the listing process next time you list an item for sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Amyb09 wrote:
So i sold an item on ebay last week and the payment arrived in my ebay account but not in my PayPal account. Finding it hard to get in contact with either of them! I don't know why I haven't received it in my PayPal account. Any suggestions?

Hi @Amyb09,

Your eBay account doesn't have a balance for sales payments, therefore it must be held.

If your payment is on hold or is unavailable right away, they will notify you via email or an alert on your Summary page.

Delaying funds availability is a common industry practice they implement to help ensure the secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. By placing your money in your pending balance, they are trying to make sure that there’s enough money in your PayPal account to resolve any issues that may arise with your account such as chargebacks or disputes. When subject to a hold, the money is temporarily not available to use.

If there aren’t any issues with your transaction or account, the payment will typically move to your available balance within 21 days after receipt (the money may not be released until later in the day).

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amyb09

Firstly do this....

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then you need to change it DURING the listing process next time you list an item for sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Amyb09
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! It was still my old email address...I've changed it to my new one now 🤞🏻 Will the payment be sent to my PayPal now that I've changed the email? 😊
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amyb09

No because you can't change an email address that the buyer has already paid to ie the old one.

BUT you can 'add' that old email address back on to your paypal account and the funds should come with it.

If you can't post back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SarahStormont
New Community Member

Is there anyway around it if the old email account had been deleted?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SarahStormont

If you still own that email address then add it back on to your paypal account and verify it and the funds should show if the buyer has not cancelled the payment. You can have 8 email addresses on the x1 paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@SarahStormont wrote:

Is there anyway around it if the old email account had been deleted?

it does not matter unless you want to receive email with that address.

go and add it to your paypal account and see if the money shows up 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.