Payment from Unknown

Betty17
Contributor
Contributor

I processed several  payments today.  Only half of the payments show me who I accepted payment from, the rest just show numbers and letters for who the payment came from.  When I click on the invoice I cannot see the payment to view the signature which is how I used to resolve this.  I also didn't receive a single text message telling me that I had received a payment.  I need to be able to see who paid me.  I need help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Betty17,

Thanks for reaching out on our Community Help Forum. It sounds like you may be processing payments through one of our card readers. You'll see your customer's email in your transaction history under one of the two following circumstances:

• When processing a payment, there's an option at the very end to have the customer input their email address to send a receipt to. 
  • If PayPal can link the card they are using to a registered PayPal account. 

If there is no email entered in at the end or we are unable to link the card used to a registered PayPal account, we will generate a series of letters and numbers in place of that email address.

In regard to the text message notifications, that depends on your notification settings. You'll normally only receive notifications via text / SMS if they send the payment to your phone number or email attached to your account. 

I hope that clarifies everything! Thank you for choosing PayPal!

Cheers,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.