Payment done by Bank Transfer but money still in bank account?

DanMards
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys!

Yesterday I made a payment and I did not realise I had my bank account selected as method of payment instead of my usual card. I talked to the person I sent the money to, and they said the money has arrived to them, but it has not left my bank account yet.

Any reason why this has happened? Is there any way I can change the payment to my card if it is true that nothing has been charged to me yet?

Thank you!

Daniel

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanMards

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Unless the seller refunds the payment and you pay again then you can't change the funding source unfortunately HOWEVER even if he did refund the payment would still leave your bank account > paypal > then as you had been refunded it would be credited to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.