cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment didn't use PayPal balance

HelenF
Contributor

Payment didn't use PayPal balance

The last two PayPal payments I made did not use my PayPal balance, although I had more than enough funds available.  They took the funds from my checking account instead.  Why is that, and how can I prevent it from happening in future?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Payment didn't use PayPal balance

@HelenF 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
HelenF
Contributor

Re: Payment didn't use PayPal balance

I already checked that option, and Online Balance was selected (just checked it again; still selected).  For a certain payment I make frequently, it was always pulled from online balance until recently.  The only thing that was different was that I had used the PayPal debit card a few times (drawing funds from my checking account) because there were fraudulent charges to my account, so the bank canceled my debit card and sent me a new one.  Could this have somehow reset my preferred payment option?  Since then, I added money to my account and assumed the online balance would be used.  But twice, it wasn't.