Payment didn't use PayPal balance

HelenF
Contributor
Contributor

The last two PayPal payments I made did not use my PayPal balance, although I had more than enough funds available.  They took the funds from my checking account instead.  Why is that, and how can I prevent it from happening in future?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HelenF 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HelenF
Contributor
Contributor

I already checked that option, and Online Balance was selected (just checked it again; still selected).  For a certain payment I make frequently, it was always pulled from online balance until recently.  The only thing that was different was that I had used the PayPal debit card a few times (drawing funds from my checking account) because there were fraudulent charges to my account, so the bank canceled my debit card and sent me a new one.  Could this have somehow reset my preferred payment option?  Since then, I added money to my account and assumed the online balance would be used.  But twice, it wasn't.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.