Payment did not go through but deducted in my credit card no record of transaction.

rakakird
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 2 pair of shoes on ebay. When I click the confirm and, pay, may payment did not go through due to an error, a message that I have to update my credit card and add it to my paypal which I did it. But, there was already a deduction from my credit card almost half the price of the order! But there is no transaction shown in paypal or purchase record in ebay. I again repeated the sequence and click the confirm and pay, the same thing happened. No transaction history or whatsoever...where did my money went??? SMS messages I received "Online Purchase By***removed; Credit Card Amount SAR197.87 At

Paypal*GLOBALSHIP Balance: SAR.... Twice I received the same!!! I'm a longtime ebayer, just last night this happened to me???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rakakird 

It's temporary authorizations on the card then and will expire and drop off completely from the card no longer than 30 days if seller does not or can't capture the payment.

I can only think it is some bad/low signal connection with the wifi so some data was able to transfer and some didn't causing the order part not to going through.

Check your card account to make sure if it is a temporary charge or not. If the temporary authorizations are converted to charges, you can contact the card issuer to dispute them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rakakird 

It's temporary authorizations on the card then and will expire and drop off completely from the card no longer than 30 days if seller does not or can't capture the payment.

I can only think it is some bad/low signal connection with the wifi so some data was able to transfer and some didn't causing the order part not to going through.

Check your card account to make sure if it is a temporary charge or not. If the temporary authorizations are converted to charges, you can contact the card issuer to dispute them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.